Thursday 7 February 2013

In Memory.




Twitter has become more of a necessity lately; it keeps me in touch with a world outside my four walls. I enjoy reading blogs of other people's journey  through mother/fatherhood - they make me feel like I belong somehow. 

A few nights ago, as I wandered through twitterdom in my jet-lagged state I learned of a story that has touched me deeply. Another mother, who I do not know, lost her child at nine months old. At first I thought it couldn't be true, that I had mis-read. But no, alas, an angel was taken from her family, too young, too soon. 

My husband tried to comfort me as I openly sobbed. Reading @edspire words through her blog and through twitter made me want to reach out to this unknown person and try and try to help her in some small way. I knew I couldn't. Her child had been taken from her, for reasons we are too small  to understand. All I know is Matilda Mae was needed elsewhere. 

After trawling through Jennie's blog, through her photos, I felt she was a person to similar to I, a woman, a wife, a friend, a mother. Motherhood is important to her, her children are her life. I am glad that little Matilda's short but full and happy life is on record for all to see. 

Jennie's seems so strong. I don't know if I would have half the strength she has under the same circumstances. She is also a mother of twins, whom she is staying so strong for despite the tragedy that has hit her life. We mothers can learn much from her. 

For Jennie: I am so sorry for your  loss. Your strength and dignity at this heartbreaking time is inspiring. You inspire me, you inspire me to be a better mother and wife and friend. Through all your words since you found Matilda sleeping you have never once thought of yourself - just of all your loved ones and how you can make life easier. I hope someone close is holding you up and drying your tears. Matilda would be proud of her very brave Mummy. 

For Matilda : Dearest little one. You are now a star shining brightly above us all, smiling down on us. You were taken too soon, and nobody will ever understand why. But I have the faith that you were so very needed elsewhere, somewhere peaceful. Keep watch over your family, your brother and sister, your Daddy and your courageous Mummy. They need your strength now, they need you to hold their hands. Sleep well precious girl, until you can be with them again. 

Good night, God Bless.  



2 comments:

  1. I felt the same as I read about the tragedy, @edspire is indeed an inspiration!

    I also use twitter etc to connect to other parents, it's like a little escape I can go to when I need a time out, and it's nice to see and speak to others in similar situations. Love the blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only just seen this! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete