Saturday 1 June 2013

Friday Fashion Fix #3

I know these posts have been a little few and far between but I am going to be making a conscious effort to make this a weekly thing from now on.

Apparently Summer is on its way. I'll believe it when I see it frankly. We have had about two minutes of sunshine in West Lancashire in the past 6 months. All in all, I find bad weather really depressing. The shops are starting to fill up with lots of lovely summer items and even though I am drawn to their vivid colours and light material it all seems a waste of money.

However, as we are going on holiday in a few weeks I thought I had better make some sort of effort in the way of summer apparel. Now, I'm not one for getting my legs out, or chest out, or anything out really since having Dee. I find my post-pregnancy body rather alarming. Yet, on a recent foray into the world of internet Topshop-ness I thought I would brave the elements and opt for some dresses and shorts.... I know, I know.... I'm crazy.

When my purchases arrived this morning in lovely spotty packaging I got rather excited. Put it this way, when my husband tried to stop me from retrieving my new purchases from the front door mat, I almost smashed him the face with my toast in hot pursuit.

I have got to say, all-in-all, I am very pleased with my internet shop. As a worshipper of the house of ASOS, I don't tend to stray too far into other branches of fashion on the web. I find it all a bit hazardous. I've come to know the sizes and fit on ASOS and I never really find a need to send anything back. Even though Topshop is a firm highstreet favourite of mine, I would rather go and physically see what am I buying and have a little try on. I have quite a strange body shape -  totally different sizes on top and bottom (too much up top and too little in the hip area), so sometimes I find it difficult to find dresses that fit properly and jumpsuits that don't bulge on my chest and sag around my bum. I find Topshop sizing very unpredictable. Sometimes I'm a size 8, sometimes a 12 dependent on what I am buying. So this online spree was also a little experiment. Anyway, I digress.

This weeks theme is  - Popping Prints.

I love bright colours. My friends would firmly disagree with this as more often than not, on a night out, I will wear an all black ensemble. Since having Dee I feel more comfortable in black -  it is a hider of many a wobbly bit. I also think black is understated and classy. Worn with the correct accessories I feel it can be make more of a statement than evens Josephs coat of many colours (what a trendsetter our Jo was, eh?)

I also love prints. Leopard, Zebra, Tiger.. the list goes on. Prints are everywhere at the minute, in every thinkable colour, its like Safari has gone to Mardi Gras. I love it.

Dress -  Topshop, Belt - Topshop

I love this dress. I got it from the 'Tall' range as I don't like things being too short. I absolutely love the print and colour on this dress. Even though it is a 't-shirt' material it has a real shine to it which is really lovely. I bought the belt about three years ago. I wear it with everything. 

Bracelet - Mango

I love accessories. Even though both my engagement and wedding rings are platinum I much prefer gold when it comes to my jewellery (or ghetto gold as I call it). Apologies for my really awful fake-tan hand in this photo - I've been testing some new tan and my hand have taken a real beating. This cuff is from Mango. I bought it when I went to Palma and I think I have worn it every day ever since. Its really comfortable to wear as I tend to find that most cuffs rub (for those wondering.. I mean fashion cuffs, not those of a Police or '50 Shades' variety!). 


Bag - Chanel,  Shoes - Office

This bag is a favourite thing in my wardrobe. Not only have I wanted the coveted Chanel for some years now, its also really special as it was my wedding present from my very lovely husband. This bag makes any outfit look and feel special. My shoes are a new purchase from Office. They are lovely and comfy and the suede and buckle features are lovely. These look great with dresses, trousers, skirts and jeans -  so they are super versatile for knocking about with Dee. 


A closer look!



As it was such a summery outfit I thought I would brave the elements and go outside. (Thanks to my husband for be-grudgingly taking this photo!)

So, thats it for another week fashion folk.

As always thanks for reading, any comments or thoughts are always lovely.

Love till next time -  L&L x x


No comments:

Post a Comment