Sunday 23 June 2013

To be blessed.

I am blessed, truly. My life is enriched with all sorts of relationships that make my life a full and happy one. They colour my world with their differences and eccentricities. I am blessed.

Managing and maintaining such relationships is a never ending job. Like honing a garden to make it beautiful and vibrant. Each relationship is different , just like every flower and plant, they have a different set of rules. For example, the relationship I have with my daughter is a completely different one to the one I have with my Mum, which in turn is different to the one I have with my best friend. Each category of relationship has different smaller categories, each relationship, unique.

Some relationships take more maintaining. My daughter takes up the most of my time and energy these days. Even in the moments not spent with her I am thinking of what to plan for our next adventure, or what I need to get her from the Supermarket. The relationship with my husband is next in line. I like to cook us a meal every night so that we can chat about the day and find out the ins and outs of what is going own in each others lives. I like to send him little cards and buy little presents every so often to let him know how much I appreciate him and how much I care.

My relationships with my friends are very important to me. Since having Dee, my life has become full to bursting. Playgroups, coffee mornings, swimming lessons, nursery, bath time, storytime... The list is endless. However, I try to make a real effort to maintain strong relationships with my friends, who have always stuck by me and who I love endlessly. In my opinion, life without friends is no life at all. I don't know where I would be without the years of love and support from  those closest to me.

I am blessed. Are you blessed?

Love till next time -  L&L xx





No comments:

Post a Comment