Friday 12 April 2013

Friday Fashion Fix #1


So. Here is a little feature I am going to be doing every Friday.

I have always, well, at least for as long as I can remember had a bit of a crush on Fashion. I quite simply love it. I love shopping and how new outfits make me feel. I love dressing up and dressing down. I love trying new looks and putting outfits together which are sometimes a little out of my comfort zone. Since becoming a Mummy I think my fashion choices have become, to put it lightly,  a little more subdued. However, I am determined not to give up on my love of fashion, make-up and beautiful accessories. So this little weekly post will be a tribute to my love of all those things.

Often, when a woman makes that leap to the role of 'Mother' everything about her becomes overhauled.   Some of what was there before is often dissolved on entering motherhood, it takes a backseat to wiping little bottoms and feeding little mouths. Clothes become less of a statement, rather a way of covering the milk stains and newly formed muffin top. T-shirts become the home of snotty-nose wipes and splatterings of un-wanted spaghetti bolognese.

I remember going out in the early days and my friends asking me - 'Whats that on your shoulder?'
After a quick look to make sure I hadn't left the baby napping there, I muttered my doleful answer...

'Yep... thats vomit'. And subsequently mourned the loss of my beautiful leather jacket.

Sometimes, I am so tired, I have gone out with mismatched shoes and one of Dee's clips in my hair (put there for safe keeping... obvs!) Only to have these faux-pas pointed out to me in the garden centre or in the middle of Sainsbury's. Not.Cool. 

So. Here I am. Every week I will choose some of my favourite outfit/s to share with you. I will also share any new beauty finds or make-up miracles. I am aware that my fashion choices aren't for everyone but I would be honoured if you look and read and share and maybe... linky up. Lets show the world that Mummy's don't have to be slummy. We can be classy, we can be fashionable and current, we can have nice make-up, we can go out with matching footwear...

So, here we go - Week #1 -  Butterflies & Hightops.

(Apologies from crap photos. Camera out of action)

I bloody love Butterflies. I think they are pretty and feminine, so when I saw this shirt I just had to have it. Plus, this lovely yellow colour seem to be everywhere this season, it is bright and happy and Summery, even if the weather is not reflecting it at the moment.

Butterfly Shirt - Next

Butterfly shirt - Next, Gold Necklace - H&M



Even though I view myself as quite girly, I think my 'look' more often than not has quite an androgynous feel to it. I like to mix pretty prints with block colours, team dresses with trainers and converse. I found these little leather high-tops in Next on a clothes hunt for Dee. I absolutely love them, they are so comfortable and easy to slip on at a moments notice.

Leather high-tops -  Next. Black skinny jeans - Topshop

These jeans are an absolute wardrobe staple of mine. They are super comfy and hard-wearing (I found this after spending a lot of time on my knees crawling after a toddler!). I love Topshop for jeans as they seem to fit just right, these particular ones are from the 'Leigh' range and I have them in various colours.



Jeans - 'Leigh' by Topshop

I love accessories. I feel they give new life to an old outfit. I love gold, or ghetto gold, as I call it. Since getting married it frustrates me that my cheapo accessories don't match my rather lovely rings!!! However, I have recently acquired a rather lovely two-tone watch which brings everything together nicely.
My earrings are from Topshop. They are little gold skulls. Not to everyones taste but I think they are cool.

Skull earrings - Topshop



All in all I really love this look. I also teamed it with my black leather jacket as its still rather chilly out there.

I look forward to sharing more posts like this with you.

Love till next time - L&L xx















2 comments:

  1. Great outfit! I don't think I've worn any nice outfits since having kids. Oops... I will have to keep an eye on your posts for inspiration. Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete