Friday 7 June 2013

Friday Fashion Fix #4

The weather is beautiful out there. No too hot, not too cold - It's like the Goldilocks of weather reports.

What does sunshine mean? PIMMS! Well, and bright coloured dresses with sandals!

As I have said in a previous post - I am not a dress-wearing kind of girl. I do own a lot of dresses but they invariably only come out when I am abroad or on a night out. I don't tan easily and since having Dee my fake-tan regime has gone completely down the toilet. Due to this I don't tend to get my legs or arms out unless absolutely necessary! Yet, this recent bout of gorgeous weather has done something to my psyche and I've been in dresses almost every day.

So this post is a big 'Thumbs-up' to dress wearing (and Pimm's drinking!)

This weeks theme -  'Pretty Prints for Pimm's Parties!'

Dress - Topshop

This dress is super summery. I have only worn it once before and that was on date night with the hubby. I felt so sorry for it, just hanging there, being all beautiful, so today it came out and saw the sunshine. I know you can't really see it in this picture (all my full-length piccies weren't great!) but this dress is knee length and floasty. I really wanted to get across the vibrance of the colours rather than the look of the dress itself. The cut and the detailing on this dress is incredible, and a steal at only £60. It's something you could wear to a summer wedding or some kind of evening event.

Necklace -  Marc Jacobs

Over accessorising this outfit seemed pretty pointless. The dress is so detailed that it really doesn't need much of anything. This necklace is really simple and effective. I bought it from Marc Jacobs a few months ago and it goes with everything. The centre is a little 'nut' with Marc Jacobs engraved all the way around.



I don't normally put full face photos on here (or anywhere for that matter!) But I am being brave! I thought this one was actually quite nice and shows off my new bright hair and HD brows (I'm still getting used to them!)



Talking of hair! I've recently had my hair dyed a really 'white' blonde. I have to work hard at maintaining it but I do truly love it. For those wondering, I use Provoke purple toning shampoo to keep the colour nice and light. You can buy the shampoo and Sainsburys and Boots. I think my hair is in a really boring style, I'm in the process of growing it and its at that really annoying in-between length. I am really loving the boho beach waves look at the minute. I'm really rubbish at doing plaits so I decided on twists instead, its not only really effective but really easy to do - great for the beach and by the pool.

Sandals - Kurt Geiger




Every outfit needs the right pair of shoes - and I just love these beauts from KG. They are made of plasticky, rubbery material (better known as jelly-shoes!) and have little gold studs embellishing them. Simple.


Have fun in the sun people - Keep it bright and happy.

Love till next time - L&L x x






No comments:

Post a Comment